Friday, March 1, 2013

An update on the Wangs

It has been a really great start to the new year for us so far! We had a wonderful holiday season, got to spend a lot of time with family which was wonderful and still have some time to settle down again before Sam's next semester started.












We had a wonderful Valentine's despite the fact that I got a terrible flu the day before and spent all day in bed. We wanted to celebrate the day after anyways since Sam had school all day on Valentines, so that worked out. We had a great day though. We spent the day with our little Addison going to the park and playing all day and then went to dinner at Genghis Grill and went shopping afterwards. I always enjoy Valentines day! Sam and I decided when we were first married that we would trade off each Valentines for who would plan out the day. This year was my turn so I was really excited since it was our first year with Addison. It was a perfect day, a perfect way to celebrate our love for each other, playing all day with our beautiful little girl. We hope everyone else had a wonderful Valentines as well!















Just last week we went up to Utah for our best friends Matt & Tiffanie's wedding. While the snow made everything as difficult as possible it was quite possibly one of the best weekends ever! We absolutely adore Matt & Tiffanie and to be a part of their special weekend meant the world to our little family. Even Addison had a part! The weekend began with Matt's bachelor party and Tiffanie's bachelorette party, it was so much fun! On Friday morning Sam and I got to go to their sealing in the Salt Lake Temple. It was incredible! The sealer had so many beautiful things to say, it was so great to be there and feel the spirit and excitement radiating from Matt & Tiff. One of my favorite things the sealer focused on was that we should "cleave" unto our Heavenly Father, unto our Savior and also our spouse. He gave his favorite definition for "cleaving" as "unwavering loyalty". It made so much sense when he was speaking, that's what it means to cleave unto the Lord as he cleaves unto us, and the same should be done unto our spouses. I absolutely love going to the temple, especially sealings, with Sam and feeling that same spirit that we felt when we were being sealed. I remember our sealer giving us so much advice and in the moment feeling like how could I ever be upset with this man to where I would need any advice for having a good marriage, my marriage will be perfect. I remember feeling like all my life I had worked so hard to be worthy to be married in the temple, but that I still did not feel worthy enough to be marrying Sam. I remember feeling so lucky and blessed to have found this man and to have been lucky enough to be directed by my Heavenly Father that he was the man I was supposed to marry. I have all those same feelings whenever I see Sam, except maybe that I could never be mad at him. :) I am so grateful for our marriage and so grateful that Matt & Tiffanie worked so hard as well to be worthy to be married in the temple. They are two of the best people I know and deserve each other more than anything. I know they will have an incredibly happy marriage! The next day on Saturday we were able to spend time with Matt & Tiffanie setting up for their reception which was wonderful because we didn't expect much time with them at all. :) The reception was absolutely gorgeous and Matt & Tiff looked great! We had so much fun! At the end of the night Tiffanie came and gave her bouquet to Addison and explained that she was going to toss it but decided that she really wanted to give it to Addison. I was so touched, it took everything in me to not cry and ruin the moment ha. It was so sweet of her to think of Addison and think so much of her that she wanted to give her bouquet to her. There was a note attached to the bouquet that is for when Addison is getting married, it said, "To the beautiful woman that caught my bouquet, I wish you extraordinary happiness when your day comes to shine as a bride. May all your hopes and dreams become reality, just as mine have today. If there are any words of wisdom to give you, it would be to "always love more". Be patient, for your day will come, however long it takes, it's worth waiting for. Thank you for being a part of the best day of my life! Love, Tiffanie Cooper". Tiffanie thank you, that's all I can say. Thank you for giving my daughter such a wonderful and sweet gift, and thank you for the wonderful advice, I know she will cherish it always. :)








No comments: