Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Dear Baby Addison

Dear Baby Addison,

I was thinking tonight would be a good night to write to you. I feel like you have grown up so much more just within the last two weeks. You are mimicking what your daddy and I say a lot! For example, I always say "what's that?" to you when we hear a noise or see something cool and you have started to say "was it" to me when you see something or hear a noise. Whenever you and Daddy are playing with your toy elephant and daddy makes the elephant noise you immediately mimick him by just yelling. Haha. It's something new every day the last couple weeks that we notice you are saying. The only word right now you are really saying clearly is mama, but I still am not sure if you know I'm mama or if you just know "mama" gets you picked up when you are sad. You are a master manipulator with me already! I am really having to watch myself so you don't start to get spoiled being carried around all the time. We are trying to do independent play time right now so that you can play without sitting on mommy's lap or following me around while I do my chores. You just love your mommy! :) You are really into doing things on your own right now, besides playing. ;) You only want to feed yourself, you refuse food if we try to feed it to you. You also don't like being walked around anymore, you just want to crawl places on your own. You really are growing up so fast, and so much more just recently. It is really making me realize that in less than a month you will be 1 and you won't be my little baby anymore. I just wish you could stay this little forever! We have so much fun together! Every morning you and I get up at 9:30 and we start the morning off with breakfast, you love cereal, fruit, yogurt and granola bars, and then we watch Curious George or the Backyardigans and play until you have your morning nap. You love your sleep so you usually want to go to bed about an hour after you get up. You then sleep for a couple hours and then when you get up we have lunch together, you like turkey, ham or roast beef, baby cheetos and cereal with some juice, and then we go run errands together and have play time until you go down for your afternoon nap. Usually during play time we go swimming. You absolutely love the pool! One of the many wonderful things about living in Arizona, we go almost every day. You love splashing and playing with your ducky that swims in the water. Today was the first day where you took a little spill in the pool. I immediately grabbed you thinking you would be so upset, but no, you just looked shocked and then immediately went to playing again. You are the happiest baby I have ever seen, you hardly ever cry!! After swimming you are always so tired it is hard to get you to stay awake while I get your swimsuit off and your clothes back on, you are ALWAYS sucking on your thumb and already starting to fall asleep. It is the most adorable thing in the world!! After your afternoon nap you are usually watching some cartoons and playing with your toys. You then have a snack while mommy makes dinner and then we eat when Daddy gets home. You love when Daddy gets home, you are guys are buds! You guys always play after dinner while Daddy has a break before going back to studying. Today you got a Thomas and Friends train and track, you guys played with it tonight. You don't quite get keeping the train on the track yet though. :) You usually go to bed around 10:00 and by that time you are exhausted which means you sleep until 9:30 the next morning. I love how good of a sleeper you are! You have been that way since you were born. You almost immediately started sleeping 6 hours a night after you were born, you really do love your sleep! 

We are the best of friends Addi, we have such a good time together during the day. So why grow up?! Don't do it! I know you have to and I can't wait to see who you become and more of your adorable personality, but I just wish I could always keep my baby Addi. I love seeing you smile when I go into to get you in the morning, I love watching you dance when Backyardigans or Curious George starts playing, I love seeing you flinch every time you splash in the pool and how anxious you get to pick up the swimming ducky as soon as I place him in the pool just after winding him up. I love watching your face whenever I give you a food you love or you hate, I love seeing you get so excited when your Daddy gets home, and giggle so much when he chases you and tickles you. You are such a sweet little girl and so fun to be around! We love you so so much Addison. We can't wait to celebrate your birthday with you and see what your next year of life brings. You never cease to amaze us so I know it will be great! I love you baby girl! 

Love,
Mommy

No comments: