Thursday, February 27, 2014

Family Pictures


Family Pictures are supposed to capture the closeness of your family and the moments that you want to treasure forever. Right?! That should be the case at least and that is why we get family pictures done regularly, they are so special to us. I recently decided it was time to get pictures done and while I am a photographer, I am terrible at getting my own family pictures done. It is always such a process for me! I always need to find the perfect outfits and colors and the perfect location, which can be a lot of work. Well, I finally found outfits for us all. I got myself and Addi ready the day of. (Luckily Sam is able to get himself ready these days. ;) ) I found a location I wanted to go to to take them at and got my brother to come and take them for us since he is a super pro already at the age of 16. We got to the location, everything was working great, we were on time for the time frame I wanted to take them during, and immediately as Sawyer starts snapping, something clicked in Addi and she became Mr. Hyde! I have never seen my little girl be so upset and misbehaved. As people were walking by, they would ooh and aww, and then they SAW the reality of the situation and would awkwardly walk away as quickly as they could to avoid having to think of something to say. I laughed out loud but secretly cried inside feeling that after all this work, I had nothing. Sawyer was so patient and great even though his allergies were kicking his butt after attending a practice for the temple celebration just the day before. I felt so horrible for wasting his time, and felt so frustrated that it either meant I had to deal with having nothing or do this all over again when she was in a better mood. At one point I pleaded with Addi to be good and smile for even just one picture, but as most 1 year olds might do, she did not understand and immediately started crying. After 20 minutes of struggling to not get the picture I had created in my mind I decided to call it quits and try again another time. We returned home a short while later and I immediately went to my computer to view what we had. After going through the pictures and just laughing at some of the ones we captured I realized that this session was GOLD! Sawyer had captured some great pictures of our family and some really funny ones as well! While I still admit it was a frustrating situation having to just let Addi do her thing instead of getting the pictures I wanted, I am so grateful for my little family and for our little Addi Marie. She makes me so incredibly happy! Here are a few of the pictures from our adventure on Sunday:

   
















































No comments: